Wednesday, January 26, 2011

In search of a project





It has been snowing here, and was really windy earlier. I am not due back to work until Saturday night. I am snug inside with a divine-smelling candle flickering and a dvr'd Hallmark movie playing. I am curled up in my cozy chair. I stocked the fridge and the pantry yesterday. So I'll bet you can guess that I am not going to leave home today.

I need a project. My fingers are fairly itching to be busy with some yarn or thread or paper crafty something. I have been searching etsy, and blogs, and looking at craftty stitchy books and magazines looking for inspiration.
I ordered some counted cross-stitch supplies---Blackbird Designs chart, and Crescent Colors flosses. But until that arrives, I will just have to dig through my stash and find something.

Having recently moved, I have a second bedroom that can function as a crafty space.
These pics should give you an idea as to the color/style direction I want to take.



The postman delivered some yarn the other day that I think will be a fairly good match.











And I want to use this valance pattern, altering the gauge just a little to make
it a little lacier.

I have another crochet wip, and a cross stitch I can work on. (Not to mention more stash than any reasonable person would think they "need") So the plan is to take a little nap and then hopefully I can get some clarity and feel rested enough to decide on one of these and get going.
I'll keep you posted. In the meantime ......Joy and blessings.........Deb




2 comments:

  1. Love your ideas. I have a little dresser almost the same color as yours. Love that color! Thanks for stopping by to say hello. Enjoy your beautiful weather today especially if it is going to get wintery. It is snowing here right now and is supposed to continue until tomorrow. Gosh, I guess it doesn't know IT IS SPRING ALREADY!!!!!! LOLOLOL
    ~Debra xxx
    Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your dresser - the valance will be beautiful! I'm going to email you right now with the angel image from my post. Let me know if you get it...

    ReplyDelete