Sunday, October 25, 2009

By way of introduction

I never, ever in a gazillion years ever thought I would be a blogger. I am not at all sure I will have anything to say, but we shall see.
So why now? Well, I have joined a yahoo grooup for cross-stitch, and it seems that this will be the best way to communicate and share with the other members of the group. So, here goes.
No stitching to report today. However, I did some stash -shopping at Michael's this afternoon. As many of you probably know, they were having a special sale. I'd like to think that while I was adding flosses and beads and tiny buttons and frames and mats to my cart, other stitchers and members of ILCS were doing the same.
It was a gorgeous autumn day here in central Kentucky, and I hope the weather was kind to you in your corner of the planet too. I could just kick myself that I didn't have a camera with me on the way home from shopping. You know that great light just before the sun goes down? Movie directors call that the "magic hour", or so I've heard. That was the light on the glorious fall foilage as I drove the back roads, listening to NPR on the radio. The only thing that would have made it more perfect is if "The Prairie Home Companion " or "This American Life" had been playing at the time, but then you can't have everything. Sigh.
Of course, even if I'd had a camera with me, I would also had to have suddenly been blessed with the skills necessary to take a decent picture. Those skills I fear I sadly lack. I'll work on it I promise, and try to add some pictures in the (very) near future.
Since I worked all night and slept most of the day, and then shopped, I am now going to get in some stitching time. Maybe I will have some progress on UFO's, or a finish or two to share soon.
I will read, and be grateful for, any comments, and especially any encouragement as I get back into cross stich after a several year lapse. Gentle shoves may be called for.
I hope wherever you are, that you had a beautiful and peaceful day.
Joy and Blessings.....................................Deb

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on making a blog. You will find it is like a diary of you stitching work. I haven't had mine that long. I truly love sharing Cross stitching with other stitchers. Looking forward to some photos. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm a little late... Welcome to blogging! Don't worry about whether the photos are good 'nuf... just put 'em on your blog anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome...from one newbie to another....I started the end of September and it has been delightful to meet new friends and share a passion.

    ReplyDelete